Food and drinks are two of the things people look for in every event. In fact, they are major motivators for people to participate in the event. So let’s explore how to find the perfect drink. More than choosing a good set of meals for the occasion, it is essential that you choose the right drinks to complement them. Those two together complete the experience.
Deciding what foods to prepare can be challenging, but people always know what they want to eat sooner or later. Finding the perfect drink can be more complex, so in this article, we will share some tips you can use as a guide in determining the best drink to serve at your event.
Tip 1: Find the right drink that would complement your food servings
Complementing the food comes in two ways. You can choose the drink that goes well with your food or choose the exact opposite taste to create an interesting contrast.
Here are some helpful combinations to get you started:
- If you have seafood, salads, or heavier food like pasta, acidic drinks are your go-to drinks containing lemon, lime, and other citrus fruits. They can refresh the palate and brighten up the dish.
- If you want to serve salty or spicy foods, a sweet drink will complement the dishes well. The sweet taste can tame the strong flavor of your meals.
- If you prepared fatty foods like steak, pair it with tannin-laden drinks (red wines, cabernet, cranberry pomegranate margarita, etc.).
Tip 2: Choose a drink that fits the occasion
Are you hosting a fun event or a children’s party? Are you going to have a hotel event or an outdoor pool party? You can limit your drink choices based on the type of event that you are planning to create.
Just make sure to consider the following event details when planning your drinks:
- How many guests are you expecting?
- How many drinks are you planning to buy?
- What time is the start of the event?
- What event vibe are you going for?
- Do you have refrigeration equipment or on-site storage?
Answering these questions could help you determine the drink logistics for your event.
Tip 3: Identify the method of serving possible in the event
Another small yet crucial detail to help you decide what drink to serve is the serving method. If you are hosting a formal event, then perhaps serving wine in elegant glasses is the most appropriate thing to do. If you are having a party outdoors, consider drinks that could be served in cans, paper cups, or plastic cups.
Tip 4: Food always goes first!
When you realize that the food and the beverages do not match, here is the golden rule: food is always the priority. Remember that the food is always the main course, and drinks only act as support. When that problem arises, consider changing your choice of beverage.
It is a rare occurrence when food and drinks are not part of an event. To make the occasion more memorable, it is important to find food and beverages that match. If you have no idea about the correct pairing, seeking the opinion of a professional chef can make your decision-making process more manageable.
If you need a private chef in Wilmington, NC, or any parts of the US, book your personal chef through us at Food Fire+Knives. Our professional chefs would take care of the catering, so you can have a good time with your guests. The process is simple and can be done in three steps, and we will do the rest.