Of course, you’re free to break out from the norm and enjoy high tea according to your taste bud’s preferences. It helps to understand the best way to turn your high tea into a crowd favorite for the occasions you want to invite friends or family to take a much-needed break with you. So if you’re planning to throw a high tea party that stands out from the crowd, here are some ideas that can suit your taste.
High Tea Garden Party with Refreshing Finger Foods
If you want a light high tea party, nothing feels more revitalizing than sipping freshly brewed tea while appreciating the great outdoors. A garden, the high tea party can perfectly capture what it means to take an afternoon break from your usual grind, but what other things can you include to complete the small occasion?
Instead of the usual scones and sandwiches people often pair with high tea, you can serve the following delicious finger foods to pick up everyone’s energy for the day:
- Fruits and cheese are a classic pairing that can bring a charmingly rustic touch to your high tea garden party.
- If you want to add a unique element to your high tea garden party, why not offer some freshly cut sushi to add some pop of color and savoriness to your event?
End the Day on a Sweet Note with High Tea and Desserts
Savory meal pairings with high tea can be deeply satisfying, but sipping in between bites out of decadent desserts hits everyone’s guilty pleasures. After a hard day’s work, there’s nothing wrong with sitting back and enjoying some treats to reward your efforts on a sweet note. With that in mind, you can play around with the following dessert ideas to satisfy your saccharine cravings:
- Scones are a classic spread on any high tea event, but you can take the flavor to the next level by topping it off with a wide selection of jam, marmalade, and cream.
- Tarts can cut the overwhelming sweetness with a deliciously bright flavor profile, so you can also throw in some sharp notes with caramel, lemon, or cheesecake tarts.
- If you want to have a taste of elegance with your high tea, serving some colorful macarons is sure to complete the experience.
The Bottom Line: Different Flavor Profiles of High Tea
One of the best ways to beat it is to host a decadent high tea party when the afternoon slump strikes. Many know “high tea” as afternoon tea outside the United Kingdom, but whatever you call it, high tea offers a refreshing break where people can enjoy a simple yet sophisticated activity.
If you want to experience luxury for less cost, then bring out your lace tablecloths, delicately-adorned teacups, and pour a high-quality brew of high tea for an exciting pick-me-up.
How Can Food Fire + Knives Help?
Our personal chefs can serve a spread tailored to your guests’ tastes, so throwing events no longer has to be as tiring. Get in touch with us to explore our services—from catering for business dinners to cooking classes for frustrated home cooks who want to sharpen their skills.
Give our private chefs in Asheville a call today and see what we can do to sate your palate!